Immersive art installation
Mind Pilot is a physical & digital installation, fruit of a collaboration with Loop.pH in 2018. Conceived by Loop.pH founder and art director Rachel Wingfield, Mind Pilot was commissioned by Ameena M. McConnell, Curator at Large of the Design Museum London.
This mind powered airship flew over the Design Museum’s atrium for 8 days during the London Design Festival 2018. Visitors to the museum were given the opportunity to pilot the huge airship using just the power and focus of their minds whilst being guided through a VR meditation program.
Mind Pilot was commissioned by Ameena M. McConnell, Curator at Large of the Design Museum with support from Arts Council England’s Change Makers Fund.
- Curated by Ameena M. McConnell
- Concept and Art Direction – Rachel Wingfield
- Technical Director and delivery – Mathias Gmachl
- Meditation audio and program – Ansuman Biswas
- VR experience - Mathias Gmachl, Benton Ching and Guillaume Couche
- Design Engineer – Jonathan Hogg
- Respiratory sensors – Kira Zhigalina
- Macrame Netdesign & fabrication – James Meredith & Karla Torio Rivera
- Design and fabrication – Roosa Tulvio, Nicole Quadrio, Oli Colman, Samuel Turner-Baldwin
Any question, idea, suggestion?
And follow us on Instagram to get the latest updates